Ticketing for External Events
The Civic Theatre Box Office provides a professional and cost effective ticketing service for commercial and community shows and events held in Wagga Wagga and surrounding districts. The Theatre is able to ticket events such as sporting events, gala dinners, conferences, tours or any other event that requires tickets to be allocated. Sales can be made on the internet, telephone and over the counter. Our staff provide this service with an extensive range of marketing tools and knowledge that will make the ticketing selling process easy and effective, leading to a memorable and successful event.
For more information about this service contact:
Box Office Coordinator
Phone: (02) 6926 9682
To utilize this service download and complete the ticketing requirements form and return to the Civic Theatre Box Office.
BOX OFFICE CHARGES AND GUIDELINES
The Wagga Wagga Civic Theatre adheres to the Australasian Entertainment Industry Association (AEIA) Code of Practice for the Ticketing of Live Entertainment in Australia (1 January 2016).
Fees & Charges
- Events will attract a booking fee (includes GST), which will be charged to the customer on each ticket for the ticketing service provided by the Civic Theatre Booking Office.
- The Booking Office can print additional tickets to allow for door sales by the promoter. These will be charged a cost of 47 cents (includes GST) per ticket.
- Complimentary tickets issued by the Booking Office will incur a fee of 47 cents (includes GST) per ticket. Fees are charged to the promoter unless otherwise requested.
- Please note all bookings attract a $2 transaction fee, per transaction, payable by the customer.
- These Fees and Charges will apply until the 2019/2020 Fees and Charges are in place.
Cancellation of an Event
Where a promoter cancels a performance and tickets have been sold on behalf of the promoter by the Civic Theatre Box Office, the promoter will be liable for the following costs:
- A cancellation fee will be charged on each ticket to cover the initial costs of selling the ticket. This will be equivalent to the booking fee paid on the ticket.
- Where the Box Office is required to provide a refund to patrons or exchange tickets to a new performance, an additional administrative fee (equivalent to the booking fee will be charged for this service).
The promoter using the Civic Theatre Box Office facility is responsible for all GST incurred on the event component cost of the ticket, that is, the total price less the booking fee. Civic Theatre Box Office accepts no responsibility or liability for payment of GST on the event component cost of the ticket.
Credit Card Charges
Visa and MasterCard are accepted.
Commercial Events - a service charge of 1.5% (incl GST) is payable by the promoter on each ticket, that is purchased through our credit card/EFTPOS facility from the Civic Theatre Box Office.
Community Events - credit card service charge does not apply.
Other payment types
- EFTPOS facility is available, but no cash withdrawal service available.
- Cheques are accepted and payments should be made payable to Wagga Wagga City Council.
Refunds & Exchanges
The Civic Theatre Box Office has standard policies for the refund and exchange of tickets. Alternative conditions may be specified by promoters if required.
Civic Theatre Refund Policy:
Tickets are not refundable. Refunds are only available as per the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice. You have the right to a refund if the event to which you purchased an authorised ticket to is cancelled, rescheduled (and you cannot attend the rescheduled event) or significantly relocated. The Civic Theatre does not give refunds under any other circumstances, such as changing your mind, sickness or holidays.
- Reservations and payments can be made by customers over the phone or in person at the Box Office.
- Customers may reserve seats but must arrange payment as soon as possible. Management reserves the right to change this policy to meet Wagga Wagga Civic Theatre & promoter needs. Management reserves the right to return any unpaid reservations to general sale as it sees fit.
Collection of Personal Information
The Wagga Wagga Civic Theatre respects the privacy of all customer and business contacts, and is committed to safeguarding the personal information provided and to complying with the National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (the NPPs). The Wagga Wagga Civic Theatre will complete with NPP1.3 when it collects personal information from customers and with NPP2 when it uses and discloses this personal information.
Advertising & Marketing
Where the promoter uses the Civic Theatre Box Office for ticket sales, the booking directions MUST read:
Civic Theatre Box Office
Ph: (02) 6926 9688
The Civic Theatre Box Office understands the importance of effective and appropriate promotion and has outlined the minimum marketing services for ticketing. All services offered will be dependent on quality of materials, appropriateness and will be at the discretion of Theatre Management.
National Disability Services Companion Card
The Wagga Wagga Civic Theatre recognises the National Disability Services Companion Card for performances and events hosted at the Wagga Wagga Civic Theatre. When the Companion Card is presented at time of purchase a complimentary ticket is issued for the card holders essential support companion. (www.nds.org.au/nsw/companioncard.htm)
Reconciliation and Payment of Monies owed to the Promoter
Civic Theatre Box Office is a subsidiary of the Wagga Wagga City Council. Normal payment policy by the Council is 30 days. All endeavours will be made to settle accounts with promoter as soon as possible.